Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Closer

If I didn't't depend on other people to help me get around...would I talk to anybody? Seriously. I'm la loner. Which isn't a bad thing. But who wants to ripen and then rot? I mean, people need SOME socialization, you know? Sure, some days I wanna hide under the covers and not come out--and I quite enjoy it. But weall need to connect with another human being once in in a while. If I drove everywhere--chances are this would be just one more thing I would do alone. And then I'd stil be alone there too. Rides are a chance tre-connect. Just for a little while, I can talk with someone and find out what' s going on with them.

"How can I pray for you?"
"Maybe we can do lunch."
"So, how did you do on that test?"

This gets me out and keeps me in the know (Even if it's just a little).
Besides that...it's something I can afford. No car payment; just gas money where it applies.
This helps someone else every once in a while.
Good conversation and some laughs, an encouraging radio show...and it gets me where I need to go.
Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment