Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Unexpected...

I hadn't been to church in a while...truthfully, in a long time. A friend of mine had said to me that I could let her know any time, and I could ride with her. I missed everything. I missed my friend's. I missed the fellowship. I missed my connections with people I truly cared about...and I know they care about me. A couple weeks into it, my friend mentioned to me that she was glad I'd gotten in touch with her, and asked her to start coming again. Apparently she'd been missing church lately, and would always regret it afterwards (you shoulda gone...You shoulda gone. That type a thing.)

My friend said she knew that because she was picking me up, it was a sure way to get her there too. I was pleasantly surprised! I was so grateful because my friend was helping me...but I had no idea that I was helping her too. What an amazing thing! Here I was just hoping that picking me up was not an inconvenience...even though I'd been assured that it was no problem. I never thought that someone else might've "needed" my need. My way of thinking is always, just learn to handle everything yourself and stay out of the way. But God (I feel) wants us to relate and share with each other. He has ways of keeping us still and then placing us right in someone's path at just the right time! :). Sometimes, he let's us struggle just enough until we ask for help. Anyway, I love little surprises like that! If I'd had a car, it never would've happened. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment